Komatsu has a strong commitment to environmental best practice, with a continuous focus on reducing our environmental impacts and our carbon footprint.
Our ongoing research and development efforts, including developing new products that significantly reduce fuel consumption (and hence CO2 emissions and non-renewable resources), as well as emissions.
One example of this is our industry-leading Hybrid excavator technology. We are also reducing our environmental impacts through other measures, including:
- • Equipment recyclability of over 99% at the end of its life
- • Significantly reducing CO2 emissions and water use in our global production and manufacturing processes
- • Reducing waste across all our operations by over 99% compared with 2005 levels
- • Ultra-low emission Tier 4 Final-compliant engines included in latest model releases
- • Komatsu Ltd is included in a number or world-leading sustainability indices