At Komatsu, we are proud of our close engagement in the community throughout Australia, not only through our employees, contractors, suppliers and customers, but also our commitment to corporate social responsibility.
Across our Australian, New Zealand and New Caledonia operations – as well as globally – Komatsu has been actively involved in community activities for decades.
Today, community involvement is embedded in our culture and we are proud to contribute to the communities in which we live and work.
Many of our employees volunteer in their local communities, either individually or as part of a team, and we support their efforts with flexible working arrangements.
In Australia, our two key CSR initiatives have been:
- Involvement with the Beacon Foundation since 2002, which works with young people to keep them off welfare, and into meaningful work, careers and study programs
- Our in-house Live Your Dream initiative, which provides Komatsu Australia employees the opportunity to raise funds and awareness of organisations providing vital services and support to their communities.
Examples of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives throughout Oceania and globally include:
- Landmine removal programs in Angola and Cambodia.
- Active engagement of employee-only initiatives designed to give employees the opportunity to go out and perform an activity of choice that contributes to a community benefit.
- Supporting and raising awareness of not-for-profit organisations for various causes. This is achieved through fundraising and other charitable activities.