We deliver high quality, reliable forklift training solutions that will give you the skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance as a Forklift Operator. When you complete the High-Risk Unit of Competency TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck with Komatsu Training Academy you will receive a Statement of Attainment that will give you the skills to safely operate a Forklift in the workplace.
This unit of competency specifies the skills and knowledge required to operate a forklift truck safely. A Forklift truck is a powered industrial truck equipped with lifting media made up of a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms or other arms that can be raised 900 mm or more above the ground, but does not include a pedestrian-operated truck or a pallet truck.
A person performing this work is required to hold a Forklift Truck (LF) High Risk Work (HRW) Licence in order to remain employed, or gain employment, as an operator of these vehicles.
Successful completion of our Forklift Course will result in you being able to apply to the relevant State Licensing Department in order to apply to obtain a Forklift Licence (LF). For more information simply contact us to arrange a training event on your site, or alternatively at one of our purpose-built technical training facilities.
Day 1 will be a combination of theory activities in the classroom and practical activities in the warehouse. Day 2 will be a full practical skills day covering the basics of operation, load handling and working in pallet racking with Day 3 concluding with an formal assessment of the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills learned throughout the course, depending upon individual State compliance requirements.
- • WH&S legislation.
- • Risk and hazards.
- • General inspections and preparation of work site requirements.
- • Plan and prepare work.
- • Conduct routine checks and equipment maintenance.
- • Operate forklift truck.
- • Shift loads.
- • Shut down and secure forklift truck.
As this course has High Risk Licencing outcomes it is strictly governed by individual State Licencing requirements and as such course duration may vary from State to State.
The course may be run over three consecutive weekdays from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm at selected sites.
Tuesday, 28 July 2020 | 8:30am - 4:30pm
Wednesday, 29 July 2020 | 8:30am - 4:30pm
Thursday, 30 July 2020 | 8:30am - 4:30pm
Please note participants will be provided with all learning and assessment material. Participants will require their personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant to their workplace policy and procedures for undertaking practical activities.
- This may vary from State to State however generally the following will apply:
- • High Risk Work Licence Assessments can only be undertaken at the age of 18 years or over
- • Logbooks recording forklift operating hours under supervision (may be required in certain circumstances).
- • ID to a total of 100 points e.g. current Drivers Licence / Passport etc. to be supplied prior to enrolment.
- • ID requirement may vary from State to State which will be informed of at time of course enrolment
- • Applicants will need to have a basic knowledge and understanding of the English language.
- • PPE must be worn by participants on all occasion when attending a Forklift Course at any site in - any State. This includes steel cap boots, long pants, long sleeves, (high vis shirt if possible, otherwise long sleeves with a high vis vest) and a safety hard hat.
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
To register, or for more information, phone 1300 390 377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org