KOMTRAX® is Komatsu's complimentary technologically advanced remote monitoring data system that provides access to view specific machine data via the internet on your computer or mobile device.
KOMTRAX® can provide a number of key features including,
- Fleet Management - Improves your fleet utilisation.
- Machine Location - Helps identify exactly where your machine is geographically.
- Work Monitoring - Reports on what your machine is doing.
- Security - Locks your machine remotely, for added anti-theft and safety measues.
- Machine Performance - Monitors whether your machine requires service or maintenance.
This information is downloaded via satellite and will keep you fully informed on the type of wokr your machine is doing.
In today's fast changing environmental information is key and the status and location of your equipment is paramount.
Using KOMTRAX® you can track your equipment in the field and maximise output through increased efficiencies and just-in-time maintenance.
1. How does KOMTRAX work?
1. GPS satellite provides position information to your equipment in the field.
2. The KOMTRAX unit in your machine gathers engine data and position and sends this information to the satellite.
3. The communication satellite transmits information to the KOMTRAX data centre.
4. The KOMTRAX data centre stores and distributes the information throughout the machine life.
5. You can access the information gathered from your machine directly via the Internet or your mobile device from the KOMTRAX data centre.
2. What can KOMTRAX do for me?
- Service Meter Reading
- Operation map (times of day the engine was on/off)
- Actual fuel consumption
- Average hourly fuel consumption
- Residual fuel level
- High water temperature during the day’s operation
- Dashboard cautions
- Maintenance reminders/notifications
- Six digit abnormality code
- Forced lock
- “Night Time” lock
- Calendar lock
- Out of Area alerts
- Movement generated position reports
- Actual working hours (engine on time less idle time)
- Attachment working hours
- Operation hours in each work mode (economy, power, breaker, lifting)
- Digging hours
- Hoisting hours
- Travel hours
- Breaker usage hours
- Hydraulic relief hours
- Eco-mode usage hours
- Load frequency (hours spent in four different load levels determined by pump pressures or engine torque)
3. How do I get KOMTRAX?
KOMTRAX is a standard fit on Komatsu equipment. To see if your machine is enabled please contact the KOMTRAX department.
4. How much does KOMTRAX cost?
As of 1 April 2012 we will be offering FREE KOMTRAX data service to all Komatsu machine owners with KOMTRAX hardware already fitted to their machine!
Our FREE KOMTRAX data service offer can be used when the current machine owner's details are on record with Komatsu and the KOMTRAX hardware is operable and maintaining communication.
Previously, a new machine purchased from Komatsu Australia Pty Ltd fitted with KOMTRAX would have included free KOMTRAX for the first 12 months, followed by a $500 +GST annual subscription applied for each subsequent year.