Komatsu Finance Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorism Financing Policy.
Komatsu Finance aims to detect and prevent and not consciously facilitate in any money laundering or terrorism financing in order to comply with relevant laws in place and to protect our corporate reputation.
Why does Komatsu Finance have this policy?
- New Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism laws were passed in Australia in December 2006. Legislation requires KACF to have an AML/CTF program in place that is subject to oversight by the Board and which contains the key obligations that apply to all employees which must be followed.
- The purpose of KACF's AML/CTF program is identifying, mitigating and managing the risk we may face in our day to day operations.
- The program is risk based and sets out our approach to employee due diligence, staff training, suspicious matter reporting, customer identification, and ongoing customer and transaction monitoring.
The program requires our staff to:
- Be aware of suspicious customer behaviour and report any suspicious matters to the AML/CTF officer.
- Follow our business procedures of confirming the identity of all new customers
- Complete all AML/CTF training requirements
- Recording and retaining all "Know your Customer" documents